Over the past couple of years, there have been lots of changes in employment conditions and related legislation, regulations and modern awards.
Do you have a regular review of your employment documentation to ensure that your employment contracts and HRM policies and procedures are consistent with current workplace relations requirements?
Can you demonstrate as an employer that you are responsibly exercising your duty to provide your people with compliant wages and conditions of employment?
Here are just some of the things that have come in over the past year and you need to cover off:
- New leave to deal with family and domestic violence provisions in modern awards and National Employment Standards
- New casual conversion provisions in modern awards
- Variations to flexible working arrangement obligations in modern awards
- Variations to penalty rates for evening and weekend work in modern awards in some industries
- Variations to termination of employment provisions in many modern awards
- A new Victorian Long Service Leave Act 2018 in November 2018 (and a new Long service Leave Benefits Portability Act 2018 taking effect for some industries in 2019)
- Federal regulation on employment contract content required in casual employment to avoid double dipping on casual loadings and leave entitlements
- Every year, there is an adjustment to the national minimum wage, award rates and various other benchmarks and a new Fair Work Information Statement is published.
In this area, we are “Helping PEOPLE in BUSINESS” by keeping abreast of these changes and reviewing employment contracts and HRM policies and procedures to address them.
If you need a hand, please feel free to give us a call on 0438 533 311 or email email@example.com